Friday, November 5, 2010

Document 4:
"When the whites came to our country, we had the land and they had the bible, now we the bible and they have the land".
Answer: the whites came with they religion and took thier land and all they had was they belief and a damage society
African proverb

4. How did the africans feel about the missionaries?
Answer: the africans felt like thier life and the families was in danger because of the missionaries advanages.

Document 5:

The white man killed my father
My father was proud
The white man seduced my mother,
My mother was beautiful.
The white man burnt my brother beneath the noonday sun,
My bother was strong
His hands red with black blood
The white men turned to me
And in the Conqueror's vocie said,
"Boy!a chair, a napkin, a drink.
An Anthology of West African Verse, David Diop, 1957

5.What were some negative effects of imperialism on Africian?

No comments: